Mom's At It Again

Saturday, September 22, 2007

What's The One Song?

I just got woken up on my one day to sleep in by my hubs calling me from work. I pick up the phone in a halfway awake state, somewhere between panic and dude, leave me alone. The convo went something like this:

Nerdly: Hey! What is this song! We can't figure it out:

(Proceeds to put his phone up to the speaker)

Me: What the hell?

Speaker: psskshhhhhhhhhhttttttWOWOWOWOWpskshhhhhhhhhhhtttttttt.

Nerdly: Yeah! What is that song?

Me: Oh. My. God. Let me hear it again.

Speaker: psskshhhhhhhhhhttttttWOWOWOWOWpskshhhhhhhhhhhtttttttt.

Nerdly: It's by that one band that you like.

Me: Brilliant. The Wow Wowwww Wowwwwwww song?

Nerdly: Yeah.

Me: Alice In Chains Man In The Box.

Nerdly: YEAH! That's it. We bow down to your usless musical prowess. I have to work now.

Me: Dork.

Before we moved he would call me, or someone else from his job would call me with the same questions. What's that one song, where the guy yells all the time? What's that one song, came out about 25 years ago with the chick who died? Who sang that song about the cat year? The weirdest shit. Weirder still....I always knew the answer. I became the go-to music guru. He used to work nights though...and he used to work with fairly normal people being in retail management. Now? Now he works in computers, which is awesome, but if I start getting calls from all the Tech Geeks wanting to know about a Moby song, or if Shatner ever did a cover of an Enya tune...and at 7:30 in the morning. I'm gonna hurt somebody.

4 Comments:

At September 22, 2007 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Ro - Thirtyish.org said...

Oh gawd, when I was married to Damion he and his co-workers did the same thing to me. They would call at 8 am when I was like huge and pregnant trying to sleep and ask me the same dumb shit and sadly I also knew the answers. lol.

 
At September 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I do love me some AIC, but I'd be pissed if someone woke me up on the ONE day I got to sleep in asking about them!

I bow down to your musical prowess.

 
At September 23, 2007 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

Year of the Cat, Al Stewart, I have it on vinyl.

Ok, so I'm tryin...

 
At September 27, 2007 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Mia said...

Ro - Men are dumb. lol

Jennifer - Yeah...AIC is always best served awake.

Crazy Dude - Much appreciated. I knew that one though :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home