Mom's At It Again

Monday, September 17, 2007

Next Stop? Karmaville, Bitch.

I usually try to avoid talking about any of the hot topics...Politcs, Religion, etc etc. This blog isn't really the place for that type of stuff, and there are MANY other bloggers out there way more qualified to write about such things. I'm just a chick with an obsession for pop culture and an overinflated sense of self who likes to write a bunch of bullshit to keep herself occupied. But with all the OJ goings on in the past few days, it started me thinking about the book, and all those feelings from October 1995 are coming back. The anger mainly, but a lot of curiosity is in there. I like to look at EVERY situation from both sides of the coin. With politics, I'm a liberal democrat...but I can also see a lot of validity in things the Nazi Republicans (i.e. my hubs) say. With religion I'm a Rigid Agnostic...but I've read the Bible several times, and have very deliberate opinions and can see why people would want to follow a religion. I can see the OJ case in both ways as well. Do I think he did it. You bet your sweet ass...but there is a part of me that wonders...IF, and it's a HUGE IF, he didn't do it, then what is the real story?

I've wanted to read the book since I first heard about it months ago. I was torn though. I didn't want to contribute to his wellbeing, in any way shape or form. I wasn't going to buy the book, I was going to check it out at the library, but I was committed to reading it. Because that part of me wanted to see the other side of the coin. Then I saw the Goldman's on the Today show Friday, and learned all about the book being part of a Bankruptcy deal, and the judge ordering it monetized, and regardless of if the Goldman's published it, it was going to get out there. So they went ahead with it. The proceeds going to the Ron Goldman fund. I changed my mind and ordered the book today from Amazon.

I'm about 99% certain that the Juice is a sociopathic freak of nature, and that he is guilty as sin. But what if? We'll never know for sure, because he's been spinning this shit since he was cowered in the back of a Bronco. He didn't do it. Kato did it. It was racism. The police were out to get him...the police did a shoddy job. Now? Now "Charlie" did it. The glove still doesn't fit.

I find this whole Armed Robbery thing just deserts. It makes me think of Al Capone...the guy ordered and probably carried out dozens murders, and ended up getting sent up for Tax Evasion. If OJ murdered Nicole & Ron, and gets sent up shitcreek for stealing back his own sports memoribillia? Well, if that isn't karma biting him squarely in his ass, I don't know what is. He best just hope the prosecutor let's him plead out and take a lower sentence with a bench trial. Ain't no jury in this country that wouldn't be chomping at the bit to be the people that FINALLY sent OJ to jail.

On a related note, did any of you see the Fox News coverage before the press conference yesterday afternoon? Did anyone else snicker when they saw that one of their legal experts discussing the case was Mark Fuhrman?

We all reap what we sew. I think OJ is has a lot of reaping coming his way. At least I think that's what they're calling it in prison now.

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 at 8:09 PM , Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I was thinking the same thing! Karma and all! It would be SWEEET if he got his ass in jail for life like he deserves.

And IF he didn't do it...what kind of person would write a book theorizing what he WOULD have done. If this is your love of your life, the mother of your children, and she's brutally murdered, how do you even entertain the thought of being the one who did it? And write a book about it!

He totally did it. And he's thumbing his nose at the justice system by admitting to it in the book.

I'm so glad the Goldman's got the rights. I've got the book in my Amazon shopping cart and plan to read the whole thing.

 
At September 17, 2007 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

Enough of this...He did it!
Now, have I told you lately how much I miss you...I am so-oo attached.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home