Mom's At It Again

Sunday, September 2, 2007

I'm Gonna Poke An Eye Out

I wear glasses. I do. Not all the time, but occasionally, if I've sat my ass in front of this box for too long, or if I'm reading alot, I'll get headaches, and then they help. I'm wearing them now...I would think myself all Librarian Chic right now if it weren't for the fact that there is a big scratch on the left lens, and I keep swatting at an imaginary hair like thing floating in front of my face. I look like a total spaz with bad aim. Also, because of the imaginary hair, it's causing my right eye to go all crossed trying to find the elusive hair/scratch.

Perhaps it was my decision to clean my glasses with an old scratchy dish towel. I'm thinking that this wasn't the wisest of moves. I can only hope that crosseyed chicks who swat at imaginary things in front of their face will suddenly become very sexy.

Or, I could make an appointment with the eye doc to get some new glasses...but then I have to do that whole eye dialation thing...and that makes me look a whole different flavor of spastic. I could go when I take my daughter since her eyesite is getting so bad she needs the Readers Digest version of everything. It'll be a family affair.

Hot Chocolate - Every One's A Winner

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2007 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Janet said...

I wear glasses to drive, but I notice my long distance isn't so "long" anymore. When I got new glasses last year I was dreading going, thinking they were going to tell me to where them all the time, but she didn't. She also said my prescription had changed only slightly. I felt better, but I still feel bad when I can't recognize people until they get closer LOL

 
At September 2, 2007 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Ro - Thirtyish.org said...

I worked for an ophthalmologist for a ton of years and she would dilate just about everyone when they came in regardless for the reason they were there because she could get more out of the patients insurance companies by putting that she had to dilate them. Anyway it got to the point where so many people said they would mail in payment since they couldn't see good enough to write out a check. Finally after a couple years of this she got wise and would put reversing drops in the patients eyes after their exams so they could see well enough to pay her upfront. LOL.

 
At September 3, 2007 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

Earlier this year I had catarac surgery, on both eyes. I now have new glasses. I had glasses before, since 5th grade, the big coke bottle ones. Now they are super thin and cool. Don't sweat the specs. And only use a 100% cotton cloth to clean them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home