Mom's At It Again

Thursday, August 23, 2007

First Day Of School N' Stuff

Today was the first day of school. I'm a bit at a loss for words. Too quiet. I've discovered I can't function in my entirety without kids screaming and yelling and stomping and fighting and tv's blaring and Panic At The Disco rattling my eardrums and and and....what was I saying? Oh right...you get pictures today.


Starting with last night...this is my new friend Charolette. She lives in the tree in my front yard. Charolette is bigger than my dog. Charolette everybody. Everybody Charolette.



And the sky last night was the most amazing shade of pinky orange. I immediately thought of Vanilla Sky.



This morning was a little more than hectic...pants that were too big and too small all at the same time, because in seventh grade "noooooooothing fitssssssssssssss", and shoes that weren't comfortable because in fourth grade you need to wear your shoes "for at least a month before you can play soccer" and we all know that's the important thing...breakfast's were scarfed in record time, nobody lost an eye...and the result is two kids who are too cool for school:


Doesn't her face just scream seventh grade? That bag she has I need to mention because it's an official Panic At The Disco bag...off the official site. I should have got it on a payment plan. WTF is with official merchandise these days. Dayum. The price of that thing made me Panic At My Checkbook.


My baby...fourth grade. A part of me weeps.

And finally...wise words from the desk of Mia and her Happy Bunny sign book...because maturity is my strong suit:


Dre - Let Me Ride

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Ro - Thirtyish.org said...

Lets see how long it is before that thing swallows up poor Gizmo.

FYI go read my blog. LOL.

 
At August 25, 2007 at 6:47 PM , Blogger ~Tim said...

"School prepares you for the real world, which also sucks." I will definitely be quoting that a lot this year!

 
At August 26, 2007 at 5:04 PM , Blogger Mia said...

Ro - Would you believe that damn thing has a brother? There was two of them out there this morning. EEK!

Tim - Feel free to use that! I know I am.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home