Mom's At It Again

Monday, August 20, 2007

August 20th 1978

Happy Birthday to me! Not only was 1978 a great year because it was the year that I was brought into things...it will also from here on out be known as the "Year Of Style"

The Bee Gee's Night Fever was the number one single of that year. Disco was king, Cocaine nosejobs were all the rage, and men in skin tight pants and turtlenecks were revving womens engines:



And speaking of engines...The Chrysler Cordoba was a big selling car...and seriously who could not be a chick magnet riding around in this thing! Imagine all the room in that thing! You could fit all of Studio 54 and Steve Rubell's ego in the backseat:



And Kim Bassinger modeled for the sewing pattern industry. Because nothing spells success like sewing patterns. And a big floppy hat.



As for me? I was chillin out in my hospital incubator thingie:



And smoking cigars:



And now? I'm off to get some work done, and then do absolutely nothing for the remainder of the afternoon. It's my birthday, it's cool like that.

8 Comments:

At August 20, 2007 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Ro - Thirtyish.org said...

Somehow I'm not surprised by the whole cigar thing, lol.

Happy birfffday (again) old lady! Oh wait, I'm older than you. *Sob!*

Talk to yah later gater! :)

 
At August 20, 2007 at 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUUU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOUUUUUU!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MIIIIAAAAAA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU!

Hope you have a great one!!

 
At August 20, 2007 at 1:41 PM , Blogger spaceface01 said...

Happy Birthday! I am currently taking a break from making dinner for my best friend/roommate who is celebrating her birthday today too! I should send some to you...or not, I hear baked tilapia doesn't keep that well...

Hope you have a great one!!!

 
At August 20, 2007 at 3:39 PM , Blogger RagDoll said...

Many happy returns of the day Mia!!!! Sending you hugs from California. That pic of you with the cigar is cute...can you imagine the ruckus nowadays if we did that? ANd The CORDOBA? I was just talking about that land yacht this weekend.

Hope you day was fantastic!

 
At August 21, 2007 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Mia said...

Ro - The cigar was just the beginning of my debauchery lol

Sam - Thank you!

Space - Thank you too! I don't even know what talapia is...but I feel honored that you would consider sending me some. :-)

Ragdoll - Thank you! Hugs backatcha! And dude...that Cordoba. Oi Vey! What couldn't you haul in that thing? At least you didn't have to worry about getting hurt in a crash.

 
At August 21, 2007 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Ro - Thirtyish.org said...

Talapia is fish, doofus.

 
At August 22, 2007 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Mia said...

Ro - I hate fish...Talapia or Tapioca...why would I know that? lol The word Doofus makes me giggle like a dork.

 
At August 22, 2007 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Ro - Thirtyish.org said...

*Eye roll* Why do I bother to teach you anything culture-ish?! I will never learn. Dork.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home