Mom's At It Again

Monday, August 6, 2007

Back Dat Ass Up

I don't understand clubbing. Especially at my age. I have some friends who go to the clubs every damn weekend. Some of them have kids. Not that there is anything wrong with getting your drink on when your a parent, do whatcha do and all that....but every weekend? And at the "club"? That's what inspired this post, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who told me all about her club hopping over the weekend. She's 35.

*blank stare*

I have NEVER in all my almost 29 years understood the allure of clubs. Is that even what they are called anymore? Who knows, they probably have some cool new name. It used to be that people went out to a Bar...then Club...now it's probably something entirely different. I dunno, I'm just not that cool.

But back to what I was saying, I've been to one club in my entire life. I was 18, and that was all I ever needed to convince me that it was not my bag. They are like gangster/dork meeting grounds. No thanks. And every guy in the joint thinks that they are the hottest thing eva...doing that whole pointing ass shaking move straight out of an R. Kelly video. 9 out of 10 guys in the joint looked like one of three:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Long Duck Dong from Sixteen Candles


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Milhouse from The Simpsons.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Or Ashtray from Don't Be A Menace To South Central...

I'm whiter than Elmer's Glue and I could do a more convincing booty dance.

There was a point to this post....

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask, do any of you go to clubs and if so, what the hell is the attraction?

Mmmmmk Thanks.

Huey Lewis & The News - If This Is It

4 Comments:

At August 6, 2007 at 12:15 PM , Blogger spaceface01 said...

I had this exact conversation just the other day. Clubs are scary...give me a dive bar full of old people and cheap beer and I am happy...seriously...I'll pass on the sausage fest!

 
At August 6, 2007 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I always, always, always hated the bar and club scene. I went a little bit in my early twenties bc I didn't feel like I had much of a choice. I feel a little bit differently about going when I'm with a big group of friends or now that I'm in a relationship. Luckily it's not much of an issue now though.

 
At August 7, 2007 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... I never really had a problem with the bar scene.... but clubs?.... no thanks..... not my line at ALL...

Eric

 
At August 7, 2007 at 8:56 PM , Blogger Mia said...

Space - Great minds I'm tellin ya

Janet - I agree...now that I've been married for almost 8 years it's kind of a non issue, but it still baffles me.

Eric - I did the bar scene...had no problem with that one. Hell, I did the nudie bar scene for awhile...no prob there. But the dance club, techno, Party Monster scene. Makes me twitch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home