Mom's At It Again

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday...Or As I Like To Call It...Memeday!

I'm beginning to hate the word "Meme", but the blog world is so damn slow on the weekends, why waste the good stuff? Know what I mean, Verne?

Ok so, If my life was a movie...what would the soundtrack be?

So, here's how it's gonna work:
1. Open your music (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc). Yes, all of it.
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool...

Opening Credits:
Taylor Dayne - I'll Be Your Shelter
(Ok...I'm supportive and stuff)

Waking Up:
Simon & Garfunkle - Mrs. Robinson
(BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Heh. Nothing like waking up to the sexy old lady next door)

First Day At School:
Selena - Dreaming Of You
(Hmmmmm. I guess this could deal with my first crush in the first grade. If we're taking it back...wayyyyyyy back. His name was Tim. He was dreamy, in that snot nosed 6 year old way. I remember he was this little Lothario, he was always trying to hold my hand in the crayon box, and get my dress to fly up on the swings. He's probably a pimp now or something.)

Falling In Love:
Kiss - Rock & Roll All Night
(Damn straight)

Fight Song:
Arrested Development - Everyday People
(Not very "GRRRRR I'M SO ANGRY" is it? I've always been more of a lover anyway.)

Breaking Up:
Led Zepplin - Whole Lotta Love
(This is oxymoronic. No, this whole meme is oxymoronic.)

Prom:
Led Zepplin - Dyer Maker
(I went to prom with a girl friend of mine...we got kicked out cuz we didn't have the proper "dates". Whatever. We were hot.)

Life:
Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
(It's like it knows me)

Mental Breakdown:
Stevie Wonder - Part Time Lover
( I have nothing to say to that.)

Driving:
Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up
(Good driving song...I can get my groove thang on to this little diddy. Most any Marvin Gaye song...except Let's Get It On, that's a whole different Groove. Did I just say diddy?)

Flashback:
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - The Closer I Get To You
(I hate this meme)

Wedding:
Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy
(No, I take that back. I love this meme. I should have made this my first dance. Nothing says romance like the smell of sex and candy)

Birth of Child:
Jennifer Warnes - Right Time Of The Night
(Both of my girls were born at night...kind of fitting I guess?)

Final Battle:
The Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
(That is one mother effin lame battle. Maybe I fight somebody with a wet noodle or something.)

Death Scene:
Terrance Trent D'arby - Wishing Well
(I do not want to die to Terrance. That would be one tragic death)

Funeral Song:
James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
(Sad song....sure. Not really appropriate for a funeral though. For future reference, I want Zepplin's Kashmir at my funeral.)

End Credit:
Huey Lewis & The News - Back In Time
(Kick ass. Do I get a DeLorean too? And a dog named Einstein?)

If anybody is so bored that they decide to self-flagellate and do this on their blog, lemme know in the comments. I gotta see.

Chiffons - He's So Fine

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2007 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

That's pretty cool. I would try it, but my daughter won't let me touch her MP3 player. I won't let her touch my digital camera so I guess we're even. Aren't teenagers great!

 
At September 9, 2007 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

Don't scare me, WAS, that is past tense. I AM. I AM..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home