Mom's At It Again

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Murphy's Law of Crap

You know those weeks where no matter what you do, you end up eating a big ol' crap sammich? The weeks where despite your very best efforts, things go wrong, people dick you around, or you get hit in the head by a piece of the sky? Yeah, those weeks. That was the story of my life last week. Lemme sum this one up for you:

Tuesday: We got a new dog. The new dog tried to take a big ol' chunk out of my baby Gizmo, and has proceeded to make my life a living hell the entire week, peeing EVERYWHERE, howling all night long, being a general pain in my arse. Virtually nothing accomplished with work or the house.

Wednesday: Same story with the dog. We wanted to give him back to the shelter, cuz let's face it, as cute and sweet as he was at the shelter, he just isn't meshing with this clan. Shelter says they are going to charge me $30 to give him back. The fuck? This is the same shelter I just adopted him from the day before. Makes a ton of sense. Virtually nothing accomplished with work or the house squared.

Thursday: Find out that my car has a ginormous leak in the power steering hose thingie, and it likes to spew power steering fluid around every corner. Joy. Same story with the new dog. Virtually nothing accomplished with work or the house cubed.

Friday: General crappy day. Depressed feeling. No progress with the new dog. He's out to get me. I swear it. A little done with the house and work...but I have high hopes for the weekend.

Saturday: We plan to take the girls to the pumpkin patch to get their pumpkins. Find a cool one with a big corn maze, it says on their website that this a free attraction. YAY! Get out there, and find it's actually almost $20 a person to just walk through some mother effin corn. That doesn't include the cost of pumpkins. Fine. We find another one, same story. We got pumpkins at Walmart. That was fun though, we carved them up neat (pictures coming). The new dog wants to eat my face. Nothing accomplished with work or home. Again.

Sunday. Bitch at my regular coffee joint fucks up my order. Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal. I'd just drink my wrong coffee, and get over it. After the week of stress, and lots of stuff not even touched on in this post, I had enough. I drove the 10 minutes back to the coffee shop and let her know exactly where she could shove her mocha, and if she didn't make me another one with a smile this time, I would show her the meaning of Double Shot. The dog has accomplished his mission to drive me over the deep end. And he still wants to eat my face.

Monday: Minor things accomplished, but generally I stayed out of the publics way today. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow will be better. Lather rinse repeat.

*whine*

Update: I tried to post this yesterday afternoon at about 4 and off and on until around 11 last night. Blogger was "unavailable". I give up.

----------------
Now playing: Genesis - I Can't Dance
via FoxyTunes

6 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 at 8:51 PM , Blogger SOUL said...

i told a friend of mine that i was livin someone elses life. i think i just found out whose! yours. geesh.
better luck in the coming week!

 
At October 17, 2007 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that's the shits.

Give the new dog some time. He's testing the limits right now since hes new, but he'll get it.

Feeds PLEASE!!!!!

 
At October 17, 2007 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

Hang in there Sweet...

 
At October 18, 2007 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I hate weeks like that. The only silver lining is that the next week almost always seems better.

BTW, Did you change your blog's name again?

 
At October 20, 2007 at 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I can relate.

 
At October 20, 2007 at 9:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
I'll drink some extra Kalua for you tonight ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home