Mom's At It Again

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Out Of Pocket

Three times today I've heard people misuse that phrase. It's not a phrase I hear very often. I'm thinking Hunting & Fishing weekly must have used it in last months issue, because it's rare to hear anyone around these here parts use a phrase that contains more than a few grunts and the holding up of a Haams beer. I'm not saying people here are Simpletons, they're just Simpletons. And I'm an elitist bitch, so whatever.

So the phrase "Out Of Pocket". I thought this was kind of a "duh" thing. It means, you're out money, or you've gotta pay for something. For instance, you might say "Damn! My tab at Jiggles is no longer an acceptable business expense. I'm gonna miss those girls. Guess I'll be out of pocket on that one." That would be the correct usage.

But saying, "I'm going to be at the doctors office all day, so I'll be out of pocket." WRONG! STOP IT!

Who gave the permission for that? I would like to introduce your ass to my foot.

Ass meet foot. Foot. Ass.

3 Comments:

At January 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?! That doesn't even make any damn sense. Kick them once for me too. Sheesh!

 
At January 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

That...my dear, is a good grammatical use of ASS.

 
At January 23, 2008 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Mia said...

Space - Consider them kicked. And seriously, WTF?!

Crazydude - I do what I can. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home