Mom's At It Again

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Got Nuttin

I have absolutely nothing to blog about today. Nadda. But I'm bored outta my mind, so I'm doing this book meme thing that has been around for years. I saw it again today at Miss Dawn's blog (who has an awesome design btw...wink wink nudge nudge). Ok anyway here's the deal if you don't know:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag people n stuff.

Ok, so this is the book I'm reading right now:


"But when Debra looked there later there was no key. Debra said, "I assumed he was going partying, he was all dressed up, I was yuppie casual. He was dressed to kill."

That is not one of the most interesting passages from the book...being that I only read true crime, you'd think I could have gotten something a little exciting. Actually there isn't much about this book that is interesting. This author is awful. I would so not recommend this book to people. It's like the literary equivalent of a stroke. But I'm only about 30 pages from being done, and I'm kind of anal about my books. I can't just stop reading one once I start. That's what I get for trying a new, unknown author. I can't wait to crack open one of my Ann Rule books next. I need to cleanse my palate after this piece of tripe.

Even this post bores me.


2 Comments:

At February 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Mr. Ghost said...

Book is "The Worst Hard Time" about the plight of those living in the Dust Bowl during the great depression of the 1930's. PP. 123 line 5..Sitting Bull had predicted the land would get its revenge on the whites who forced the Indians off the grasslands. He saw doom from the sky.

I am a total history nut. I actually have a degree in history.

And if you are still bored, I'm here waiting...(sing the line with me now...)waiting for you, yes baby, for youuuu.. *-*

 
At February 21, 2008 at 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Book: The Decameron
Author: Giovanni Boccaccio
Pg 123/Sentences 5-8:

"There are very few people that would give me greater pleasure to see than yourself; therefore, I shall reveal to you, as if to my own father, all of my wretched misfourtunes which I have always kept concealed from everyone. After you have heard them, if you see any means of restoring me to my rightful station, I beg you to employ them; if not, I beseech you never to tell a soul that you have seen me or have heard anything about me."

Having said this, continuing to weep, she told him what had happened to her from the day she was shipwrecked off the coast of Majorca to the present moment, and, out of pity, Antigono began to cry.

___
I love this book :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home